Can you guys suggest a 1920x1080 monitor for my new PC?

Agonyworm

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Looking for a 21-23" monitor which will be good for gaming.

I don't really know anything about monitors so can you guys just suggest some?

My max budget would be £140 but I'd much rather be spending something around the £110 mark.

DVI and HDMI both send digital signals so it won't affect the image whichever you use.

TN panels are what most normal monitors are, and IPS has better colours/viewing angles, but worse for action oriented games like shooters, but not as bad anymore.

Agonyworm

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
That's quite a bit over budget Aero, but thanks nonetheless :)

Just so I can get a better understanding, what response time and contrast ratio would you guys consider to be acceptable for gaming? Also, is a 2:1 contrast ratio better or worse than a 5000000000000:1 ratio?

Don't bother with those dynamic contrast ratios as they are just marketing, consumers will go "wow that's a huge number, it must be better!" when it reality it doesn't mean it's necessarily better at all.

I think agonyworms recommendations pretty good for the price too.

honestly just about any monitor will work for gaming in todays market.

your budget however limits the choices to tn or maybe va.

i used to game on my 16ms s-ips panel without issue. most panels are under 8ms now. some people say they notice a difference but some do not. anything under 6-8ms and you have nothing to worry about.

unless you have the cash to blow and the hardware to support 120hz dont worry about it.

static contrast is what matters. dynamic contrast matters very little. high numbers seem impressive but it is just a marketing ploy