Question Can you help determine why my computer keeps freezing?

blaznovinsek

Prominent
Sep 6, 2018
Hey guys.
My PC starts to freeze for about half a second after running a game for a while, and at the end it crashes the game. I'm not sure what is causing this problem but i don't think its the GPU since i switched the 2070 with a 1070ti and it changed nothing.
If you have any suggestions on what i sould try to determine the problem please let me know. Also if you need any more info ask and i will provide it.

Specs: Photo of specs

GPU: (currently) ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Ti GAMING
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (non overclocked) w/ stock cooler
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM: single 16gb stick from Crucial
PSU: Chieftec Navitas GPM-1250C

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings that correspond with the times of the crashes.

Check that all internal cards, cables, the RAM module, jumpers etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Is the case full of dust and debris?

No cables or obstructions blocking or interfering with airflows either inside or outside of the case?

How old is the PSU?

Reactions: blaznovinsek

Ralston18

Titan
Could the translation be "Security Intelligence"?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates?qHawaii

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...otection/intelligence/safety-scanner-download

Take a look at those repetitive information (blue "I") icons as well.

However where the crashes involve various applications makes me wonder about the PSU.

Even though the PSU was new its' now being four years old and used for mining could be bringing about a pre-mature EOL (End of Life). With the basis being that the PSU would last for four + years to begin with....

Take a look in Event Viewer as well. Event Viewer is not as user friendly to work with but it may help validate or otherwise provide additional information about the crashes.

blaznovinsek

Prominent
Sep 6, 2018
Yes that could be the translation.
The repetitive blue I icons are the "Security intelligence"
I was told that the PSU could be the problem. So it is worth trying to swap the PSU with another one and see if that fixes the problem?

blaznovinsek

Prominent
Sep 6, 2018
If you ask me the GPU is not the problem since i had the RTX 2070 inside when the lagging began, then i switched to the 1070ti and it persisted... i now have the 2070 back inside and nothing has changed