Question Can you help me choose please

suzic1994

Prominent
Jun 19, 2018
Hey guys, I've decided to buy a new motherboard, because my old one had trouble with the RAM I bought and eventually failed. My old MB was Asus ROG Strix z370-f Gaming one. Later on I found that only MSI motherboards have listed my RAM as Compatible. RAM I have is Hyper X Fury HX432C18FB/16 (Single slotted). As I said I found, on their respectve websites, that ASUS and Gigabyte only accept dual slotted modules at that frequency. So, now I'm looking at MSI motherboards.

Rest of my configuration looks like this:
GTX 1070 OC
i78700
HyperX 16GB Fury Black DDR4 3200MHz CL18 HX432C18FB/16
COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 EVO
My PSU is - super flower sf-650p-14p black edition 650w
Samsung SSD 850 EVO
Windows 10

suzic1994

Prominent
Jun 19, 2018
I'd be careful as I am unsure if that is a cheap PSU or a decent since it doesn't seem to have any certification a rule of thumb when choosing your MOBO is deciding what you want your motherboard to do as in what features you need/want? but if the MOBO fits the bill go for it!

suzic1994

Prominent
Jun 19, 2018
I'd be careful as I am unsure if that is a cheap PSU or a decent since it doesn't seem to have any certification a rule of thumb when choosing your MOBO is deciding what you want your motherboard to do as in what features you need/want? but if the MOBO fits the bill go for it!
Hmm, do you know any other good PSU's? I might wanna look at some other better brands.
PS. I want my motherboard to be copletely compatible with my other components. I had some issues with my ASUS MOBO and it failed cus it wasn't completely compatible with my RAM.

logainofhades

Titan
Superflower does make good PSU's. They are the OEM for Evga's G2/G3. That said, it appears to be an older model, and I would probably look atsomething else.

BeQuiet, Corsair, and Evga do not make PSU's. They have OEM's make them, and then slap their sticker on it. Some are better than others. You could get an Evga that is made by HEC, or Seasonic, or Superflower, for instance. Seasonic makes their own, and is an OEM to other PSU's sellers.

Last edited:
Reactions: AngelTech

suzic1994

Prominent
Jun 19, 2018
Superflower does make good PSU's. They are the OEM for Evga's G2/G3. That said, it appears to be an older model, and I would probably look atsomething else.

BeQuiet, Corsair, and Evga do not make PSU's. They have OEM's make them, and then slap their sticker on it. Some are better than others. You could get an Evga that is made by HEC, or Seasonic, or Superflower, for instance. Seasonic makes their own, and is an OEM to other PSU's sellers.
I see. Thanks. Would you be able to recommend any specific models of those said PSU's?

logainofhades

Titan
Evga G2/G3 are the top superflower built models. The GS is decent, and is built by Seasonic. Seasonic Focus golds are great choices too. Much depends on budget though. A corsair CX650m would work, for a more budget oriented choice. I am less familiar with the the BeQuiet units.

suzic1994

Prominent
Jun 19, 2018
Evga G2/G3 are the top superflower built models. The GS is decent, and is built by Seasonic. Seasonic Focus golds are great choices too. Much depends on budget though. A corsair CX650m would work, for a more budget oriented choice. I am less familiar with the the BeQuiet units.
Yeah, I was looking at the Seasonics Focus Gold 750w one too. I think thats prolly the one I'll end up buying,