Question Can you help me with my motherboard?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
I have no idea how to so that.

I tried this

Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.

Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, not windows UEFI.

But when i try to disable the CSM, i get some video message come up which i just do not understand.

PS: I did manage to install windows 10.

I now need to reinstall it on my ssd

Here is me fiddling around in BIOS:

How do i insert pictures into my posts without having to upload them elsewhere?

View: https://youtu.be/w7rAxtKYJJA

Ralston18

Titan
Wondering about this (from Post #18):

"It never came with a cmos battery so i just stuck one in that fitted the holder. "

The CMOS battery may have physically fit in the holder but what specific battery number was used?

Also was it a new battery, an old/used battery, source, condition....?

Check the motherboard specs for the battery number and verify that the installed battery is correct.

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Wondering about this (from Post #18):

"It never came with a cmos battery so i just stuck one in that fitted the holder. "

The CMOS battery may have physically fit in the holder but what specific battery number was used?

Also was it a new battery, an old/used battery, source, condition....?

Check the motherboard specs for the battery number and verify that the installed battery is correct.

The battery is fine.

The only problem i have at the moment is that the bios does not recognize the onboard nvme

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE!

I had managed to install windows 10 onto that ssd card that people said i would not be able to do.

Also it seems the PSU was not the issue after all.

However, the computer did crash somehow and i am now trying to re-install windows onto the ssd card ( which i thought was a nvme ).

So, huge progress has been made.

I particularly would like to thank BlueMicrobe for all his help and patience with me!

So, currently i dont have the motherboard working, i shall try again tomorrow.

Flyingkiwidude

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Okay I see the video, good job so far. If you want to do a quick visual check on the motherboard (Bulging capasitors, scratches, missing chunks, bent pins or anything unusial) please let us know. Also if you dropped any screws into the case they can cause the motherboard to short. Is your psu set to the right country? If your in Australia like myself you need it set to take 240V some psu's allow you to change that setting between country's. The best next step is to try a more powerful known brand psu, for example a 450W Corsair or Thermal take psu would do fine and provide your system with cleaner power. I made a video of a few things you can do- Thw kiwi - YouTube Let me know how you go

View: https://youtu.be/EAiJVUCdPDI