Can you help me with my user manual?

Jun 15, 2018
Hi everyone,

So I got my new motherboard Asrock x370 KILLER SLI with AM4 technology and then I have bought 2 time the same single ram stick (BALLISTIX SPORT 4GB 2400 MHZ) .

Actualy I use them in the dual rank with the A2 B2 slots but will it work with A1 A2 B1 B2 slots?
I know my MOBO can take up to 16 gb of ram memory.

Does it means if I buy another two sticks of the same on 2400 mhz, they can't be used together because their is no DR or SR on A1 and B1?

Or I have to downclock my actual plus future ram sticks to the 2133 mhz settings and it will work all together in the dual rank channel. There is the 2667 mhz up there being alone as a dual rank in the board so why one alone?

I don't want to mix you but it mixing me up.
999.png

Solution
1) For compatibility reasons, yes. It would just be easier to replace what you have than to try and add to what you have.
2) Personally, I'd probably go with the 2x8GB just to have more space between the RAM modules for cooling.
3) Anytime you add a comment to the thread ("up") that does not provide any additional information is considered "bumping" as in bumping to the front of the line (or first page). This is strictly prohibited in all sub-forums, save for the Classifieds section where you are allowed to "bump" once a day.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
1) No bumping! :no:
2) Really depends on the RAM you already have and whether it's single rank or dual rank (can't tell from the info you gave). Since you are talking about an AMD processor, I'd probably skip the compatibility issues and just purchase a 4x4GB DDR4 2133 RAM kit.

Wolfshadw

Jun 15, 2018
Firstly, You mean I'm better of replacing my two 2400 mhz by 4x4gb 2133mhz rather than trying two more 2400 mhz.

Secondly, which is better 4x4gb 2133 mhz or 2x 8gb 2400mhz?

Thirdly, I'm sorry what is bumping?

Thank you

David

Wolfshadw

Titan
1) For compatibility reasons, yes. It would just be easier to replace what you have than to try and add to what you have.
2) Personally, I'd probably go with the 2x8GB just to have more space between the RAM modules for cooling.
3) Anytime you add a comment to the thread ("up") that does not provide any additional information is considered "bumping" as in bumping to the front of the line (or first page). This is strictly prohibited in all sub-forums, save for the Classifieds section where you are allowed to "bump" once a day.

-Wolf sends

Solution