Question Can you identify this case?

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Hello,

I'm going to be working on the case in the pictures below in about a week when the parts are here, but it's in the other end of the country and the guy sending me the images' only response to which case it was, was "I don't know".

He did send the pictures below though and they do have some features that should be recognizable... I just can't make it out.

The reason this is urgent is that he may have bought the wrong cooler. It may not fit.

EDF47Yj.jpg
7MgZ5lx.jpg
j6HFIpT.jpg

I would really appreciate it if you could help me identify which case this is. He is asleep now(4AM), but ideally I'll know what fits and what doesn't by the time he wakes up.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This may not be enough to go on...
No pic of the front or top panels - or with the side panel on? Those are some of the most telling sides, since many models can share the same bare frame.
OOH, there's also the back; there may be a sticker - if they haven't peeled it off already - that sometimes has the model name and number right there on it, making it easy to look up.

Your mystery box appears to have the same frame as Corsair's Carbide SPEC-02, which is identical to their SPEC-ALPHA - minus the ODD tray - and the SPEC-03... adding on to the Rosewill Bradley M mentioned by gardenman.
Factories will use the same frame for a bunch of different models, so those inside shots don't help too much.

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
This may not be enough to go on...
No pic of the front or top panels - or with the side panel on? Those are some of the most telling sides, since many models can share the same bare frame.
OOH, there's also the back; there may be a sticker - if they haven't peeled it off already - that sometimes has the model name and number right there on it, making it easy to look up.

Your mystery box appears to have the same frame as Corsair's Carbide SPEC-02, which is identical to their SPEC-ALPHA - minus the ODD tray - and the SPEC-03... adding on to the Rosewill Bradley M mentioned by gardenman.
Factories will use the same frame for a bunch of different models, so those inside shots don't help too much.
I scrounged up one more piece of information. The width of the case is 18cm.

I'm sorry I overlooked this, it was written as an SMS and I only saw his MMS.

That makes the Carbide too wide since it's 21cm.

Considering that the Rosewill is ~18.5cm it sounds likely that that's the correct case.
It supports a max CPU cooler height of 160 mm.
The cooler he ordered is 161mm.

Do you think this is an issue? How accurate are they about the clearance?

AtotehZ

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
The other 2 are part of the Carbide series, I just left it out to shorten them.

No way to know how accurate without knowing how the measurements were taken.
He could be on the ball, or be off a couple mm.
He'll be up in a few hours. I'll update the thread with the right case, or at least more information, when I've spoken to him.