Can you lose files on a CD-R?

I had some registry files on a CD-R

I wrote some furhter files to that CD in Easy CD Creator and in the process,
the registry files came up as being files I wanted to write to the drive in
this new write job. So as they were already there and as they were also not
on the hard drive to get them from, I deleted them from this new write job.
I didnt think I could delete a file from a CD-R, nor that I was doing so.

After this write job, suddenly those formerly there files are no longer
there. Anyone know what on earth I have done to lose them or what I can do
to retrieve them? Is this something to do with finalising it so that it
can no longer be written to? On which eventuality all files which are
written on different occasions (tracks?) will suddenly become visible?

(The disc is not yet closed for writing purposes).

Maria Ripanykhazova wrote:
> After this write job, suddenly those formerly there files are no longer
> there. Anyone know what on earth I have done to lose them or what I can do
> to retrieve them? Is this something to do with finalising it so that it
> can no longer be written to? On which eventuality all files which are
> written on different occasions (tracks?) will suddenly become visible?

Try ISOBuster to access data from previous sessions.

--
-WD

Ditto. If you do not have ISO Buster, you may be able to open a
previous session with Nero. Basically they;re still there, but no
longer on the active session, so you can only see them with one of
these special CD autoring applications.

Yes, with ISObuster, not only can I see that as I knew, they are definitely
there (and apparently I can execute the REG files): But there are four
versions of them all on different tracks. Is there a way of revealing them
or must I try to install ISOBuster on the computer where they are needed (it
is a Windows 98 Pro one which crashes a few seconds after startup and
especially if I try to enter any command in any program: No one on the
Windows forums has any idea what on earth can be causing it but SFC didn't
work and a full REPAIR re-
installation made the problem significantly worse)

> Try ISOBuster to access data from previous sessions.

ISO, great app, look up, download be happy!!!

That is all very interesting and what you say does work:-

Is this hiding previous sessions business something to do with Easy CD
Creator? I have been using the propriatory Sony CD burner for the last year
or so, have added tracks to CDs on hundreds of occasions and have never
encountered a 'Previous Session" which needed ISO Busting before? Or
anything hidden on a CD?