Can you mix 533 memory and 1066?

Solution
Mix different speeds no problem, system will just run both at the lower speed,
AM3 board for ddr3 will only take ddr3 but I found this whilst proposing a build for a client,

http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/AMD-Athlon-X2-245-2.9GHz-CPU---2GB-DDR2-800MHz-RAM---nForce-630a-Motherboard-Bundle_20604.html

if you read down the page for specs,
The mobo supports both am2 and am3 cpu's (no news there),
but it also allows ddr2 or ddr3 memory depending on which chip you have, so if your on am2, its ddr2, and I assume am3 will only run the ddr3
but if one board has that capability, I'm sure there will be other instances of it as well,
could you consider a new build with ddr3 and maybe keeping the old ddr2 rig for other usage?
Folding/ seti...
Mix different speeds no problem, system will just run both at the lower speed,
AM3 board for ddr3 will only take ddr3 but I found this whilst proposing a build for a client,

http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/AMD-Athlon-X2-245-2.9GHz-CPU---2GB-DDR2-800MHz-RAM---nForce-630a-Motherboard-Bundle_20604.html

if you read down the page for specs,
The mobo supports both am2 and am3 cpu's (no news there),
but it also allows ddr2 or ddr3 memory depending on which chip you have, so if your on am2, its ddr2, and I assume am3 will only run the ddr3
but if one board has that capability, I'm sure there will be other instances of it as well,
could you consider a new build with ddr3 and maybe keeping the old ddr2 rig for other usage?
Folding/ seti research/ 'private' browsing :)
Moto

Solution
Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

1- Yeah u can mixed but IMO is a big waste of money since the RAM only can run at the lowest speed that is 533MHz
2- Some mobos support DDR2 and DDR3 but not at the same time and aren't from a good manufacturer (Jetway I think) but the mobo that u post in the link only support DDR3.

Yeah looks like an ASRock but even I don't trust in a mobo that support both DDR2 and DDR3 more if it's socket AM2+ and not AM3

My personal advice for the OP is save a little more money and get DDR3 with AM3 mobo or wait until the next year for Bulldozer and Bobcat.