[SOLVED] Can you mix different Trident Z rams?

iSky005

Reputable
Mar 8, 2017
Planning to add another set of 16gb ram to my rig. Currently, I have the standard Trident Z RGB 3200, and most local PC parts shop near me only has the Neo 3200 version. My question now is is it okay to mix both of them?

Thanks!

Solution
Oh, really? I'm scared that something might happen, or worse, break.
Also, the shops from where I am doesn't really do refunds, so I don't want to waste money as well.

Right. Yeah, as mention above, they don't do refunds. I will just have to buy 2 sets of 16gb NEO and sell my old ones.

---

Thanks guys!

Even buying 2 separate kits of the same RAM can be risky.
They are only guaranteed to work at their rated speed if they come in the same kit/box.
You would be MUCH better off buying a 32 GB kit (2x16 GB or 4x8 GB).
And just FYI, a 2x16 kit is usually better to ensure it runs at the full rated speed.
Some motherboards will not run the RAM at full speed with 4 sticks installed.

iSky005

Reputable
Mar 8, 2017
you can try. sometime they work, sometime don't

Also, the shops from where I am doesn't really do refunds, so I don't want to waste money as well.

As stated above it may or may not work.
I'd make sure the shop will allow you to return them if they don't work with your existing RAM kit Before I bought them just to be safe.

Right. Yeah, as mention above, they don't do refunds. I will just have to buy 2 sets of 16gb NEO and sell my old ones.

---

Thanks guys!

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador

---

Thanks guys!

They are only guaranteed to work at their rated speed if they come in the same kit/box.
And just FYI, a 2x16 kit is usually better to ensure it runs at the full rated speed.

Reactions: iSky005
Solution

iSky005

Reputable
Mar 8, 2017

Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: DMAN999