[SOLVED] can you mix up apacer pc3-10600 1333mhz with a kingston kvr ddr3 10600 1333mhz ?

Oct 26, 2020
im upgrading my dads office computer and what i found online for ram was this kingston kvr thing only available(second hand) so can i mix up these rams?? what i suspect is that the kingston module is kinda smaller to the look . i wouldnt mix up rams if i didnt have to XD
4088230.jpg
3132721.jpg

Solution
You can't know.

It might work, and I personally had good luck with mix matched ram, but it might also, not.
There's no sure fire way to know. the best way to check is checking if they're the same ram chips, which you do by googling the letters on the ram chip and hope for the same result, or atleast the same manufacturer (samsung, micron, SKHynix) but even if it's the same exactly, using the same type of memory from the same actual physical wafer, it might not work, but again, it might will.
You can't know.

It might work, and I personally had good luck with mix matched ram, but it might also, not.
There's no sure fire way to know. the best way to check is checking if they're the same ram chips, which you do by googling the letters on the ram chip and hope for the same result, or atleast the same manufacturer (samsung, micron, SKHynix) but even if it's the same exactly, using the same type of memory from the same actual physical wafer, it might not work, but again, it might will.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution
Oct 26, 2020
You can't know.

well that being said does having different chip manufacturer mean incompatibility ?? i cant find any info about current installed module on internet so idk if its worth buying and trying?
fingers twisted

well that being said does having different chip manufacturer mean incompatibility ?? i cant find any info about current installed module on internet so idk if its worth buying and trying?
fingers twisted
Different chip does not mean incompatibility, but it does lower than if it was the same.

To check your own ram, check the model number on the ram chips themselves, it's visible in the picture you sent. (not the sticker! though that's probably a good idea too, i mean the actual letters on the small black chips on the ram stick.)

As i've mentioned, I've had good luck with such ram configurations, so i'd say go for it, but lots of other members on here will look down on buying mismatched memory and say it would not work.

Reactions: MASOODBZ