Question Can you mod Event Viewer itself?

blitzdace

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2012
I have someone complaining about possible intrusions into their phone, PC, and tablet.

One thing they insist on seeing is that when they were checking out Event Viewer they claim to have seen a "program" inside Event Viewer (that wasn't normally part of Event Viewer) on the left side of the main panel. They insist it was deleting stuff.

I don't know what to make of that. Has anyone ever seen this? I looked at the PC in question and saw nothing untowards.

They also think that someone is powering on their PC remotely (from off - not sleep) and that someone has used NFC to install malware on their mobile devices while they are locked - is this feasible?

USAFRet

Titan
I have someone complaining about possible intrusions into their phone, PC, and tablet.

One thing they insist on seeing is that when they were checking out Event Viewer they claim to have seen a "program" inside Event Viewer (that wasn't normally part of Event Viewer) on the left side of the main panel. They insist it was deleting stuff.

I don't know what to make of that. Has anyone ever seen this? I looked at the PC in question and saw nothing untowards.

They also think that someone is powering on their PC remotely (from off - not sleep) and that someone has used NFC to install malware on their mobile devices while they are locked - is this feasible?
I'd have to see a screencap of that, or in person.