Question Can you modify Asus screen from dead laptop connect to PC as an extra screen?

LaKu1

Prominent
Sep 26, 2022
www.linkedin.com
I have this broken Asus laptop and I am trying to figure a way to connect it to my PC. Has anyone attempted something like that or could help me? I am new to hardware and I love it, but besides building my first rig and boot 1st try I don't know much. I can handle my way with a solder iron on the other side ^^

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
directing the output of another PC into that laptops display or taking out the display and then plugging it in separately as a display?

first things first, the laptop display has a separate connector, sometimes proprietary. if you manage to find an adapter you could do this, but soldering won't be an option and it's nearly impossible to do with flimsy connectors with flex cables.

you could also direct the output through the laptops motherboard into the laptops display without disconnecting it, if the laptops mobo isn't fully dead and working. (no high hopes on this one tho)

finding an adapter would be the thing to do, and you could plug the adapter into the existing connector and plug the other end to whatever display out it's compatible with.
the display may need to be powered separately, but that's least of your concerns if you're attempting this. powering will be easy, finding the adapter would be hard, getting it to work is even harder.

Reactions: LaKu1
I have this broken Asus laptop and I am trying to figure a way to connect it to my PC. Has anyone attempted something like that or could help me? I am new to hardware and I love it, but besides building my first rig and boot 1st try I don't know much. I can handle my way with a solder iron on the other side ^^

in short yes as long as the laptop screen is in good condition and has no defects diy perks did something to this effect
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfirQC99xPc