Question Can you modify the device inputs that windows registers?

Jan 17, 2020
My gamepad's d-pad is very sensitive. For exemple, I often find myself pressing right-down instead of just right and that messes up my steeze during gameplay. :p
Basically, I want to make it so that Windows simply can't register any of the diagonal d-pad movements. Or at least make them register as either left or right.
I am guessing I have to mess around with the registry to make this happen, and that's a risk I'm willing to take, but I don't know exactly what to mess with, so can you help me out?
I hope the answers I'll get will be different to "just use some 3rd party software" or "just buy a new gamepad". Thanks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Nothing in the registry you can mess with.

Third party gamepad software would be your best bet...unless you want to learn how to write your own driver. Or somehow modify your games to do what you want.

JoyToKey seems like it could be configured this way.

Jan 17, 2020
I already looked it up and.. you sort of can but not really. I looked around system32 and found the driver for the gamepad. Then I searched the internet for some decompiler because I thought my limited programming knowledge could perhaps help me program the driver, but I couldn't find any that would succesfully decompile the driver.. damn encryption :p

So I resorted to the last thing I wanted to do, cracked open the gamepad and voided my waranty just so I could slap some cardboard underneath the d-pad. And you know what? It worked. God bless.