Question Can you not have two Samsung drives in desktop?

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
I have 870 and 850 EVO drives that will not boot while in computer, one has Win 10 other has Win 8.1
I can can one of the Samsung out in install intel ssd and computer boots fine. This is a Asus Z97-AR board

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I have 870 and 950 EVO drives that will not boot while in computer, one has Win 10 other has Win 8.1
I can can one of the Samsung out in install intel ssd and computer boots fine. This is a Asus Z97-AR board
See the parts list in my sig below, on a ASRock Z97.
7 drives, 5 of them various Samsungs.

I suspect your issue is the two different OS's.

"950 EVO" ?
Typo?

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
I got it going...the intel ssd would work with either samsung, but if both samsung ssd installed was a no go with or without the intel installed.
Ran DiskPart on the Samsung 850EVO it at one time had Windows 10 installed. Far as I can tell the computer was seeing both samsung ssd's as C: , if that's possible? Anyway works now...thanks for the help

I got it going...the intel ssd would work with either samsung, but if both samsung ssd installed was a no go with or without the intel installed.
Ran DiskPart on the Samsung 850EVO it at one time had Windows 10 installed. Far as I can tell the computer was seeing both samsung ssd's as C: , if that's possible? Anyway works now...thanks for the help
If both drives have an OS installed that will cause the issue you're having.

ronb1955

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2016
If both drives have an OS installed that will cause the issue you're having.
Both do have OS installed, one with Windows 8.1 other with Windows 10 and working now. As I said I think the problem was I just formatted the Samsung 850 which at one time had Windows 10 installed and the new 870 has windows 10 from a backup from the 850..
very confusing