[SOLVED] Can you OC a GTX 1660Ti Lenovo Legion Y540 i5

Urbea97

Reputable
Aug 20, 2016
I'm trying to OC my gtx1660ti, I have read some other forms of people doing it with MSI afterburner, I get it's a laptop and im probably not gonna get as good of boost then what I would hope for, but I'm just wondering if it's possible, and if so what settings should I apply in afterburner! Thank you!

Solution
Yes you can overclock it but that would be pointless. That 1660ti is probably struggling to run at its base clock as is since it's already very hot inside the confined space of a laptop.

Sipan9000

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2015
Yes you can overclock it but that would be pointless. That 1660ti is probably struggling to run at its base clock as is since it's already very hot inside the confined space of a laptop.

Solution
I'm trying to OC my gtx1660ti, I have read some other forms of people doing it with MSI afterburner, I get it's a laptop and im probably not gonna get as good of boost then what I would hope for, but I'm just wondering if it's possible, and if so what settings should I apply in afterburner! Thank you!

Most gaming laptops overheat so OC will be pointless since your GPU will throttle (slow down) at high temps. High GPU temps will increase your CPU temps as well and CPU might start throttling also.

My 4720HQ and GTX950M without overclock already run at 75-78C when gaming, the CPU hitting up to 87C with max fans.