[SOLVED] can you oc with a asus p8h67-m evo

Solution
Hey there,

Well for a start, you can only OC 'k' specification Intel chips. But, sadly not on H67. There may be an auto tune facility which can give a little bump.

The only other way to increase performance is by increasing the bus clock (bclk). Say from 100-105. It can be very unstable though, and can also have the effect of overclocking other components which run on the same bus multiplier. You would not simply dial in 105mhz for the bus. You would start at 101 and see what effect it has on your system. Then bump in 1mhz increments.

I would not advise to do it. I would suggest you get a more capable mobo. Which CPU do you intend to run on it?
Hey there,

Well for a start, you can only OC 'k' specification Intel chips. But, sadly not on H67. There may be an auto tune facility which can give a little bump.

The only other way to increase performance is by increasing the bus clock (bclk). Say from 100-105. It can be very unstable though, and can also have the effect of overclocking other components which run on the same bus multiplier. You would not simply dial in 105mhz for the bus. You would start at 101 and see what effect it has on your system. Then bump in 1mhz increments.

I would not advise to do it. I would suggest you get a more capable mobo. Which CPU do you intend to run on it?

Solution

708jn

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
Hey there,

i7-2600k

TRENDING THREADS