Can You Play 3D Blu-ray Discs on the Xbox One? Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
after this year epic starting games and exclusives even better than ps4, starting next year when cross platform AAA title come, this box will kick the bucket. thanks for 2014 joy xbox one, you'll be missed. i'm going to use my ps4 and gaming pc starting next year...or next month when Destiny launch. don't worry, i won't leave you behind since i'll keep using your gamepad on my pc and that's it. thanks xbox one.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
3D movies for the home makes no sense with small screens. 70" and bigger is better which most people don't have. 50-55" is the average in most homes.

Besides 3D movies these days are overrated. Avatar is well made for 3D. Rest not so much.

hannibal

Distinguished
Hmmm... 3D films require 4K resolution (a minimum) until it is very useful... 3D halves the resolution and/or frame rate. That is why 3D has been so bad in fast moving scenes. The Hobbit was recorded in much higher speed (and high resolution), so in there the 3D was tolerable.
I wait for the highres virtual reality, but we are not in there at this moment ;-)

its not the resolution, more so the viewing area. 3d only works if you have your eyes crossed and the image is central on your tv. If it goes to the edge of the screen, your eyes re-focus on the edge of the screen and you lose the 3d. At least that is what i found on my 60" tv. you really do need a very large screen for it to work well. i would even say 100"+ for real good 3d, preferably a projector with the outline of the screen blacked out so you have nothing to refocus your eyes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS