Can you put in an old hard drive that has windows on it into a new computer, that already has windows?

Oct 19, 2018
Can you put in an old hard drive that has windows on it into a new computer, that already has windows?

I want to move an old HDD into my new computer. But I don't want to use the windows on the old one, I already have my new computer set up and running with windows. I'm just wondering if the old windows on the old HDD will conflict in any way, if I add it into my new computer. I already have an HDD and SSD, but I would like to recover old files, I already know you can put in an old HDD into a new computer to get old files, I'm simply wondering if the windows installation on the old HDD will somehow conflict with my new windows already installed on my SSD. This kinda seems like a dumb question but I have never seen this answered or spoken about, so, just being extra cautious.

(I know my computer shouldn't do anything because windows are just files in a storage device, but I'm not sure if my computer will try to boot from it or something) Jeez that sounds dumb, I already know the answer, somebody just confirm it pls lol