Question Can you put RAM from different brand in pc and later switch it?

May 10, 2023
My ram doesnt work in my new pc so I want to temporary use different ram and later switch it again. They are the same specs 2x16 DDR5 5600mhz.

May 10, 2023
Got a link to the ram kit? Make and model of your motherboard and processor you're working with?
Sorry but I am not sure since I am temporary using the ram of my dad (which is new but doesnt use it yet). Its the crucial ddr5 5600mhz. But I want to replace it with the corsair ddr5 vengeance rgb 2x16 5600mhz - (https://www.amazon.com/VENGEANCE-C3...fix=corsair+vengeance+rgb+ddr5,aps,196&sr=8-4)
My cpu is the ryzen 7700 and my motherboard is the rog strix b650-a gaming wifi

Sorry but I am not sure since I am temporary using the ram of my dad (which is new but doesnt use it yet). Its the crucial ddr5 5600mhz. But I want to replace it with the corsair ddr5 vengeance rgb 2x16 5600mhz - (https://www.amazon.com/VENGEANCE-C36-36-36-76-Optimized-Compatible-Performance/dp/B0BHVFDP42/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2K1VUV9KLI4H8&keywords=corsair+vengeance+rgb+ddr5+32gb&qid=1683897974&sprefix=corsair+vengeance+rgb+ddr5,aps,196&sr=8-4)
My cpu is the ryzen 7700 and my motherboard is the rog strix b650-a gaming wifi
Yes

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ram realistically doesn't have a 'brand' as such. It's all manufactured by half a dozen OEMs like Samsung, SkHynix, Nanya, Micron etc. The 'brand' you see isn't much more than advertising for whomever is selling it. The Crucial is Micron's public 'brand' and the Corsair is made by SkHynix. But it's all the same pcb with chiplets type DDR5 ram.

So 'brand' rarely ever matters, only what that 'brand' does or specifies for tolerances, timings and binning etc.

So you can put whatever DDR5, in whatever speed, size, color, brand, timings you wish to in your pc, but avoid mixing 'brands' simultaneously as there's no guarantee that the 2x 'brands' will be compatible.

It's like car tires. There's absolutely nothing saying you need to use Goodyear tires because that's what the car came with, you can switch to Continental or Cooper if you wish, the only necessity being the rim size (DDR5), and you don't want mismatched tires as that'll lead to steering, braking, wear issues etc.

Reactions: CountMike

TRENDING THREADS