[SOLVED] Can you recommend a good Power Supply for my old computer?

Jeffsta

Reputable
May 7, 2015
I have this Motherboard. I'm looking for an inexpensive but good power supply. I'm currently using the onboard graphics but may add a cheap graphics card. The computer is used for internet mainly.

Jeffsta

Reputable
May 7, 2015
Good quality unit, plenty for the build & 5 year warranty.

PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CXM (2015) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $59.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-01 04:01 EST-0500

I noticed on newegg for 10 bucks more you can get the Corsair CX650. Would it be worth it if someday my MOBO takes a crap and I have to use the PSU in a new build? You can also choose Non-Modular and Semi-Modular. What's the difference? Thanks!

Dec 29, 2019
I noticed on newegg for 10 bucks more you can get the Corsair CX650. Would it be worth it if someday my MOBO takes a crap and I have to use the PSU in a new build? You can also choose Non-Modular and Semi-Modular. What's the difference? Thanks!
If you are willing to eventually invest onto your pc, it might be a good idea to search for a silver or gold psu that has at least 650W. Seasonic, corsair, evga, phantecs and be!quiet would be the brands I'd advise you to look for. About the modularity:
-Non-modular: Cables are all stuck to your psu, even the ones you don't need, causing a mess and sometimes airflow problems in your case, resulting in higher temperatures and so lower performance.
-semi-modular: only the 24pin for the motherboard is stuck to your psu, the other cables are plugged in as you need so it helps a lot in making good cable management to grant good airflow in your case and nice aesthetics.
-full-modular: the same than semi but also the 24pin for the board is optional. It's good for situations you don't need to power another board(with a little trick to turn the psu on) or in case you want custom cables from cable mods.

I'd advise you to buy bequiet pure power 11 - 600w 80+gold

Hope I helped you out
Happy New year btw

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan
@JoaoFael explained it well. I usually opt for semi or full modular as it's just easier to work with and unless you plan on getting a mid to higher range graphics card (gaming/editing) there's really no reason to get a higher wattage PSU. Even the 450W PSU I recommended could power something like the GTX 1650 Super if desired.