[SOLVED] Can you recommend top 3-5 -gaming 4K (somewhat affordable) monitors?

Jul 29, 2020
My son just got a a new gaming computer with dual 2080 TI GPU’s, 64 GB Ram, I-9 9900k processor, asus Strix motherboard supports I-9, 1600w power supply and liquid coolant. We know not all games support 4K, but if possible we’d like to get a 4K monitor (144 Mz with 1 ms refresh). (If we have to we’ll be ok with a 4 sec refresh rate.)

I’d like to pay around the 1200 range. I’d go as high as 1700, but that would hurt... i got “his dream computer” as a graduation gift, we just need to get the monitor. Your guidance is much appreciated. Many of your articles and posts help me figure out what to buy to get him this awesome computer which has a lian-li tempered glass full tower (white). The RPG theme is a red, white; and Blue and the liquid coolant is shimmering blue. It’s really awesome!
Now, I just need to getan awesome monitor to play RPG on. He has a 34” ultra wide 3k monitor that he uses now, but in the future that will become the monitor for 1st person shooter games.

Thank you so much!!!!

Jul 29, 2020
Because we have put so much money for him to have his dream gaming computer, we want him to have at least a 120 MHz 4K monitor that can be over locked to 144 MHz with a response time between 1-4 seconds (preferably 1 sec). We were looking at 27” - 32” (really 27” because he does have the 3K UW monitor). Thank you for your recommendations. We looked at the Acer Predator XB3 (XB273K), but a few reviews say that it’s a clunky setup and my son didn’t love the way it looked cause it has side panels attached to the monitor. Any opinions on that as I don’t know if those side panels can be removed. Thanks!!!

I’ve
Yikes!!! Mega budget. My entire tower costs less than one 2080Ti.

Already has a 34" Ultrawide.

What size are you looking for in this (presumably 16:9) 4k monitor?

What country are you shopping in?

Looking for 4k and 120Hz+ narrows the field considerably:
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/m...44600000&D=120000,280000&sort=price&A=2,1,6,5