Can you rip 4k discs in a Dell Inspiron 7000

Dec 7, 2018
Hello. I have been meaning to rip my UHD discs in my computer to have backups of my collection should the need arise. I found a software that I would like to use for this (the https://m.dvdfab.cn/uhd-ripper ) but I am not entirely sure if computer has the necessary specs to do this. What I have is a Dell Inspiron 7000 laptop and the technical specifications are:

Display: 
15.6" UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels) 4K LED-backlit Truelife Touchscreen Display

Processor: 
Intel Quad Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz Processor (4 Core 8 Threads , 6M SmartCache, up to 3.50 GHz)

Storage Drive: 
1 TB Hybrid SSHD

Memory RAM: 
16 GB DDR3L SDRAM (UPGRADED - Seal is broken in order to upgrade RAM)

Network: 
WiFi + BlueTooth

Graphics:
Dedicated NVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM

Operating System: 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

2-in-1 Card Reader:
Supports SD and MMC cards

Ports: 
1 USB3.0
2 USB2.0
1 HDMI 1.4
1 Ethernet (RJ-45)
1 headphone/microphone combo jack

I also have an external 4k drive called BDR-XD06J-UHD Pioneer Ultra HD Blu-ray Portable USB 4K Bluray Drive Supports BDXL/BD/DVD/CD. Here is the link for that one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGRHR2H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you all for your time.

Dec 7, 2018

robert600: Excellent. In that case, I am getting it tonight. And sure, should it work right away I will share some of my experience in this thread.

Dec 7, 2018

I am most interested in the MKV Passthrough lossless format because I got my home theater with the necessary specs for full blown 4k and because storage won't really be a problem. I currently have a fast external hard drive of 2 terabytes and I will have a new one before the month is over, which will bring me a total external storage to 6 terabytes. So, I am interested in getting the highest quality copies possible for my currently 30+ UHD movie collection. I calculate it should take around 1.8 Terabytes give it or take and I am free this weekend so I think I am good. I just needed to be sure my specs could handle that software.

Will keep this thread posted.

"So, I am interested in getting the highest quality copies possible for my currently 30+ UHD movie collection. I calculate it should take around 1.8 Terabytes give it or take"

Averaging 60 GB per movie seems optimistic to me. I guess it depends on whether you go the movie-only route or if you get all the features and languages as well. But, whatever, sounds like you have lots of storage.