[SOLVED] Can you schedule to turn off WiFi on TP-Link routers altogether at certain times?

CamdenK7

Reputable
Jun 21, 2016
Hi, I'm in the market for a $60-$80 router and one feature I need is the ability to turn off wireless access (with ethernet still working) at certain times. In my case, I need the WiFi to be off between around 10PM and 6AM. It seems that TP-Link routers are well liked but only able to disable (lol) access to particular devices, while I want to deactive the entire wireless signal of the router. Is there a way to do this on TP-Link routers? And do you have any sugggestions for a $60-$80 router with this feature?

Solution
I would suggest that you look at the ASUS RT-N66U or RT-AC66U instead. They have (IMO) much better controls for such features and are the best (along with Netgear Nighthawk R7000) in terms of wireless signals and throughput. They do cost a little more than $60-$80 though.

I do like TP-Link for using as access points, but they lack the advanced features and are not quite at the level of the ASUS or Netgear models.

RealBeast

Titan
I would suggest that you look at the ASUS RT-N66U or RT-AC66U instead. They have (IMO) much better controls for such features and are the best (along with Netgear Nighthawk R7000) in terms of wireless signals and throughput. They do cost a little more than $60-$80 though.

I do like TP-Link for using as access points, but they lack the advanced features and are not quite at the level of the ASUS or Netgear models.

Solution