[SOLVED] Can you SLI 1070 founders and 1070 amour?

Binhwin

Prominent
Nov 11, 2019
Hello guys! I had a question i've been wondering about getting better frame rates. I have a 1070 in my pc right now. My question is my dad has a 1070 founders I was wondering if it would be possible to sli together both 1070s? What risks would I run and would it be a good idea to increase overall productivity?
Thanks i'm learning more and more on this site everyday.

Solution
Yes, you can SLI them. It's not a good idea though.
SLI is dying, many developers don't care about it so they leave most games unsupported, it does not scale well, it may come with many problems such as screen tearing and of course, you need a high wattage and good quality PSU to run both cards.

It's always better to go for a better single card solution, selling your previous card(s).
Yes, you can SLI them. It's not a good idea though.
SLI is dying, many developers don't care about it so they leave most games unsupported, it does not scale well, it may come with many problems such as screen tearing and of course, you need a high wattage and good quality PSU to run both cards.

It's always better to go for a better single card solution, selling your previous card(s).

Solution

Binhwin

Prominent
Nov 11, 2019
Okay awesome thanks for the information. What GPU would you guys consider upgrading too? I have a 1070 amour like I said in there now. I would like to be able to play triple a games with pretty nice frames. I was thinking something like a 2070 super? I'm just doing 1080p gaming.
thanks

Okay awesome thanks for the information. What GPU would you guys consider upgrading too? I have a 1070 amour like I said in there now. I would like to be able to play triple a games with pretty nice frames. I was thinking something like a 2070 super? I'm just doing 1080p gaming.
thanks
If you list your full system specs, including make and model of your PSU, I can suggest a GPU. Without that info, I am not comfortable advising a certain GPU that might be power hungry and your PSU is not on par. That might even damage hardware.
So, please list them here.