Question Can you suggest a better GPU and motherboard for my laptop?

Sep 26, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have a very old laptop , it's Lenovo SL400
Currently there's a problem in my system, so it was a motherboard issue and I needed to get new graphics chip or GPU chip, currently I just purchased n10mge1s chip of Nvidia
Can you suggest better performance chip?
And Lenovo laptop Motherboard for my model!
Thanks

Laptops are "closed systems" - they are designed and manufactured with specific parts, and you can't just put another motherboard there. Same for CPU / GPU - even if the chips are pin-compatible, thermal management will throttle them down. Of course, these chips should be supported by the BIOS as well.

Your best move is to check whether that same laptop was offered with "better" CPU / GPU.

Sep 26, 2020
Laptops are "closed systems" - they are designed and manufactured with specific parts, and you can't just put another motherboard there. Same for CPU / GPU - even if the chips are pin-compatible, thermal management will throttle them down. Of course, these chips should be supported by the BIOS as well.

Your best move is to check whether that same laptop was offered with "better" CPU / GPU.
Can you tell me EXACT GPU CHIP COMPATIBLE WITH PINS..

Phillip Corcoran

Titan
As Alabalcho said, you need to look at the official specs page to see what CPU options were listed for that model. Go here then scroll down to Processor section.

For an alternative discrete Nvidia GPU (if your laptop has one) I can't help you with that, except to say there are only two listed on that page (at the bottom):

NVIDIA® GeForce 9300M
NVIDIA® GeForce G105M

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS