Can you suggest a Graphics Card...

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
My friend is wanting to play CoD 4: Modern Warfare. Problem is, is that hi computer is next to garbage. He wants to upgrade the graphics card to be able to play it. Right now he has integrated graphics and cannot play.

What card do you suggest that will fir in a PCI slot and is under 100 dollars. He was looking at the GT 520, or the Radeon 5450. He is wanting to play it on low/medium graphics. Thanks!

Do you know more about your friends computer? Like the CPU it has or Motherboard? Unless you're sure it's a "PCI Express" socket, off course. Also, what kind of PSU (power supply) does he have?

In that case, to play MW1 (or even the 3rd one), the cards you suggested are plenty for medium + settings.

I can't look at newegg at the moment to give you a better assessment, but I'm sure other folks will kindly link you some cards.

Cheers!

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
The PSU atm is 220W. Not nearly enough to work with these cards. He is looking at a few 400W ones atm. I told him namebrand matters, but he doesn't care really. Just something that is cheap and will work.

Hmmm, that looks like the best you're likely to get, at least on Newegg.

Edit: I can't find any even remotely similar benchmarks, but I'll guess that he'll be able to play on low settings. If he gets it, I'd be interested to know what FPS he gets, on what settings.