[SOLVED] Can You Transfer Games on an Internal hard drive only

Aug 8, 2015
hello can u transfer files to internal hard drive without bringing your whole pc as long as it has partitions like C and D i know this is hard and complicated because i only know that u must need an external hdd to do this but my technician said you can. so can u really transfer files to an internal hardrive without bringing your whole pc

Solution
One way would be with a network connection. Having both PC on the same network you could share the files and with a simple copy and paste you could be done. Even a cloud service could be used as an intermediary to transfer between computers if they are on the same home network but connected to the internet. But shy of that yes the only way I know of would require an external device like like a usb thumb drive.
Yeah I literally just did this this morning.

Dell sent me a replacement drive yesterday for a hard drive that broke.

I installed Windows at the office then took the hard drive to the remote site and just popped the drive in.

I could have taken the whole computer back to the office, but the computer is big and bulky.

Just make sure you handle the hard drive with care and use an anti-static bag.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
One way would be with a network connection. Having both PC on the same network you could share the files and with a simple copy and paste you could be done. Even a cloud service could be used as an intermediary to transfer between computers if they are on the same home network but connected to the internet. But shy of that yes the only way I know of would require an external device like like a usb thumb drive.

Solution

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

This is possible too. You could remove the hard drive and just bring it in to the tech or hook it up to the other PC (assuming it is not encrypted) if your just trying to transfer the files to another rig.

TRENDING THREADS