Question Can you turn off RGB lighting on Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi with BIOS only settings?

Jun 18, 2019
Hello - I am very interested in the Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi. However it is critical that I am able to keep the inside of the case as dark as possible. Although lighting it up like a Christmas tree can be fun for gaming, for my purposes I want no lights at all on the inside, perhaps with the exception of a tiny diagnostic light or something. I've read some things online that say that this motherboard's RGB lighting can be disabled with the BIOS only, I have read other reports that say the only way to disable the RGB lighting is to use the RGBFusion software, and that during bootup the motherboard will be lit up until the software loads and turns the lighting off. That would not be acceptable at all for my use case. And also I do not want to rely on software to turn it off.

Likewise this motherboard also has a logo on the backplate I/O shield. That will be really annoying in the dark too. Any way to permanently turn that off as well, again, without relying on software each time the system boots?

Its a big deal for me to buy a motherboard and test it out, only to be disappointed if I can't turn the lights out in the BIOS permanently, and then have to return the board and have wasted all that time. Therefore I'm hoping those of you with experience can let me know if it's possible to do what I'm after with this board. There are other boards like the MSI Z390-A Pro which have no LED lighting on them (ideal for my needs!), but this board has no on-board Wifi, plus seems dated to me and not as nice. If the lighting on the Aorus Pro Wifi cannot be disabled how I want it to be, maybe someone can recommend a comparable motherboard, but one that has a way to disable the LED lighting.

Thanks so much in advance!!

Jun 18, 2019
Hi there. Have a look at your manual.
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-aorus-pro_wifi_1001_190219_e.pdf

On page 37 is described, how to turn of lightning:
Enter the BIOS by hitting <F2> at startup
select the menu Peripherals
set the option: "LEDs in System Power On State" to "OFF"

Yes, I have seen that exact information. However I read elsewhere that despite that setting, it is not enough to turn off the RGB lighting on the motherboard. And that to do that, it must be done with the RGBFusion software, which is said to not work very well. I do not know if the information posted was accurate or not. However I did not want to go through the trouble of making an entire build, only to find out that the BIOS setting doesn't work right or doesn't work fully and still need to rely on the RGBFusion software.

That is why I am hoping that someone with first-hand knowledge of this motherboard who's used this BIOS setting before may be able to say definitively whether it's going to work how I'd like. Thank you!