Can you use a liquid cooler even though you are not overclocking?

Apr 18, 2018
im have an i5 8500 but i dont have the plan to overclock or anything is it ok for me to use a liquid cooler or just an aircooler is fine?

Solution
I have had my 2600K water-cooled since I bought it around 8 years ago. I don't overclock the computer but like the fact that the radiator is at the top of the case so the heat goes straight out of the case without heating up the GPU or other components. I also like the cleaner look inside the case. I have had two cooler failures, the first where one of the hoses was rubbing on one of the case fans and got a hole rubbed in it, and the other when the pump started failing. In neither case was any damage done and it was a fairly quick process to replace the cooler.

mwryder55

Distinguished
I have had my 2600K water-cooled since I bought it around 8 years ago. I don't overclock the computer but like the fact that the radiator is at the top of the case so the heat goes straight out of the case without heating up the GPU or other components. I also like the cleaner look inside the case. I have had two cooler failures, the first where one of the hoses was rubbing on one of the case fans and got a hole rubbed in it, and the other when the pump started failing. In neither case was any damage done and it was a fairly quick process to replace the cooler.

Solution