Can you use bay drives for optical drives?

asurableed15

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
I am making a new computer and i want to install a blue-ray optical drive on it so that i can watch movies and videos. however, while looking ta some cases i noticed that some do not carry optical drives instead they carry something called a bay drive. my questions is: can you use bay drives to install optical drives, the case i am looking at has 3 bay drives.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Their differences in drive bays such as 5.25 inch and 3.5 and 2.5 also internal and external. The 5.25 will be external meaning you can access them from the outside of the case the rest will be internal meaning no access unless you have the side of the case off, the only exception would be a hot swap bay where it would accept a 3.5 2.5 drive from outside the case.
You can also buy a USB optical drive that plugs into the case or motherboard through the USB port.
If you list the case your looking at I could tell you absolute.

asurableed15

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015

IN WIN GR one Black Black SECC Full Tower Computer Case ATX 12V/EPS Power Supply Compatible

and

RAIDMAX Viper GX ATX-512WBR Black/Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

also

Rosewill REDBONE - Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

as well

AZZA Solano 1000R Black / Red Japanese SECC Steel/Metal mesh in front MicroATX/ATX/Full ATX Computer Case

sorry for the trouble i just don't want to miss the opportunity