[SOLVED] Can your main HDD be more than 2TB

Thedeathadder

Honorable
Mar 15, 2015
I recently bought a computer as a project and have to add things like HDD and OS

I was seeing that when I add the HDD, the main drive of the computer, to use the OS on, that I had to make sure the HDD is 2TB or less.

Is that true? I kinda wanted to have a 3TB drive as my main drive but thought I'd ask before making a mistake.

Thedeathadder

Honorable
Mar 15, 2015
That formatting happens during the OS install.

You do realize that Win 7 fell off all support a few days ago, right?

Ok "That formatting happens during the OS install." That's what I assumed but I've assumed and been wrong before and everything is coming to the house in about a day or so and I didn't want to be caught with my pants down.

Yeah I knew about the Jan 14 2020 end of support.

I have two computers that I do regular stuff on, go online with and such.

This is a special project computer that I'm building, this refurb had all the components that I needed, it just didn't have a HDD or OS, which I have to finish myself.

I don't plan on ever really having this computer go online, this computer is going to be extremely limited on use but will be extremely usefully in the one task I'm using it for and I decide for it I would use Win 7 instead of 10 for it.

I'm not too concerned about the security aspects of Windows ending support for 7 when it comes to this particular machine.

My one computer that already has Win 7 on the other hand lol Its the one I use more than the one that has 10 on it so I was very "Oh WTF!" over it

Though thanks you for the heads up, I'm sure there is a lot of people who are not aware of the support end.