Question can your wifi be worse then the person u shared it to?

SparrowXD

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
this is a question that came to me when i was having bad wifi, so for some reason my internet connection is pure trash right now, but it seems that everyone else using the same connection, isnt having any problems, and this is only happening to my PC and Iphone 7, is it actually possible for someone to make your wifi worse on purpose, while other users can have a better connection?

Lutfij

Titan
There can be a number of reasons why the WiFi for you is bad while it's spectacular for others. Some of the reasons can be how far you're located from the router/WiFi Hotspot, how thick the walls are between the router and your systems, whether the router needs a firmware update to pair well with your system/phone and perhaps you might even have many electrical appliances around you to interfere with the signal.

Now, what is the make and model of your router? What are the specs to your PC? Please include your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Case:

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran

SparrowXD

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
There can be a number of reasons why the WiFi for you is bad while it's spectacular for others. Some of the reasons can be how far you're located from the router/WiFi Hotspot, how thick the walls are between the router and your systems, whether the router needs a firmware update to pair well with your system/phone and perhaps you might even have many electrical appliances around you to interfere with the signal.

Now, what is the make and model of your router? What are the specs to your PC?

CPU:I7-3770
Motherboard:GA-P750D3
Ram: Corsair vengeance ddr3 16GB
SSD/HDD:Not sure
GPU: MSI GTX 950
PSU: Seasonic 450w
Case: some local brand case i think

sorry i just replied now, didnt got the chance to check the forums, anwyays so it seems that i have a worse internet connection then for example, my brother, who seems to have a much better internet, even though we are quite close to the router