Canada coverage

Hi all,

I'm on a Cingulat Nation GSM plan, was wondering if I'll be able to get any
sort of coverage in the Toronto area.. (the Cingular coverage maps are USA
only, so I have no idea what happens when you cross the border)

"MacDog" <david_hanold@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm on a Cingulat Nation GSM plan, was wondering if I'll be able to get
any
> sort of coverage in the Toronto area.. (the Cingular coverage maps are USA
> only, so I have no idea what happens when you cross the border)

You'll get coverage, but you'll pay
astonishingly large amounts for it.

"MacDog" <david_hanold@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm on a Cingulat Nation GSM plan, was wondering if I'll be able to get
any
> sort of coverage in the Toronto area.. (the Cingular coverage maps are USA
> only, so I have no idea what happens when you cross the border)

The Cingular website says it's $0.79/minute, and on Fido or
Rogers at 1900 MHz. Also says phone in to CS and ask for
international roaming.

Check their coverages here:
http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_ca.shtml

John C.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:07:40 -0500, "MacDog" <david_hanold@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'm on a Cingulat Nation GSM plan, was wondering if I'll be able to get any
>sort of coverage in the Toronto area.. (the Cingular coverage maps are USA
>only, so I have no idea what happens when you cross the border)

You'll have coverage through Microcell or through Rogers Wireless
which are roaming partners of cingular. Microcell is a 1900 GSM
operator. Rogers is both 850 and 1900.

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:22:09 -0600, "John Cummings"
<n4bkn.no@spam.bellsouth.net> wrote:

>The Cingular website says it's $0.79/minute, and on Fido or
>Rogers at 1900 MHz. Also says phone in to CS and ask for
>international roaming.

International roaming for Canada????? That's very different than
T-Mobile where all customers automatically get Canadian roaming. You
only have to request international roaming if you're going to
Europe/Asia/Africa/Mexico.

remove NONO from .NONOcom to reply