News Canadian Price Leak Puts RTX 3090 Ti at a Painful $4,000+

Mar 18, 2022
I'd gladly pay the substantial markup to the manufacturers rather than fund the useless weasels who managed ruin an otherwise good thing. The companies allow amazing performance advances for mostly affordable $$$ but now have to raise the price rather than give opportunistic creeps free profit.

rmicro1

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
"Given the average selling prices for the RTX 3090, the Canadian pricing for the RTX 3090 Ti seems to be right in line with what we would expect in scalper land. "

That's funny because that's what we Canadians call Canada as well (Scalper Land) since we often pay inflated prices for most products versus elsewhere.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
"Given the average selling prices for the RTX 3090, the Canadian pricing for the RTX 3090 Ti seems to be right in line with what we would expect in scalper land. "

That's funny because that's what we Canadians call Canada as well (Scalper Land) since we often pay inflated prices for most products versus elsewhere.
Beyond a hand full of people that just have to have the latest and greatest on day 1, this price isn't sustainable. With regular 3090's crawling towards $2000, no one is going to be interested in paying $2000 more for a 3090Ti. Scalpers are not going to like this card. There's only so many people desperate enough for that extra 10% more performance.

Reactions: Makaveli
When I read this, I cannot help but think about and reflect back on the SLI days when we could buy one GPU and deal with 35-40fps and then later when more money is saved up by that second to hit the magic 60fps with an LCD which was no faster than 60Hz (or higher if you still had a CRT monitor). And for equal (sometimes better) performance for less money than the highest end single GPU up front. Last August I scored my EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ti from Newegg on their shuffle lottery finally and paid retail of $1399. If SLI were still around and game developer supported (which starts not from hardware but from game developers...thank you for nothing consoles), I'd put that same money up that it would match or beat whatever this GPU's performance winds up being, even at 8K.

Just a hypothetical $2798 (USD) historic thought to ponder if we could get two 3080 Ti cards and they'd be effective in SLI over whatever this 3090 Ti winds up accomplishing for 50% less.

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Must..have ....this GPU....for my 60 Hz 1080P monitor...NOW! :)

i won't even think about playing a game if i can't get 900 fps or more. once i got past 500, the difference is night and day. who cares if my monitor only shows me 120 of those, my brain is so awesome it infers the other 900 fps or so. 1080p?? and only get 750 fps??? why bother even playing!!! 720p is where it's at so i can get all them yummy extra frames that i so can totally see......:vip:

Mindstab Thrull

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
I looked at the tweet and typed in the WebID code for the second card and "6900xt" and immediately got a single response back from Google on what site it was: PC Canada. Took maybe 60 seconds to find out. Checked their site and it looked pretty much just as listed by the tweet. (You have to select Video Graphics Cards as the category, and then sort by Manufacturer: ASUS to get the result shown on the tweet.)
Link to their page here

Mindstab Thrull

Ogotai

Reputable
Feb 2, 2021
the current prices of the rtx 3090 range from 2500 to 2900, IF the starting price of a 3090ti is 4k, then its just for the rich, and bragging rights.