cannot access computer properties and some other features

whiteknights

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
hello.. since yesterday I'm facing a weird problem which is that when i right click on my computer and click on "properties" nothing happens at all !. i also can't access some other features such as, "Action Center", "Back up and Restore", "View installed updates" in Windows update.. when i click on them nothing happens, just the mouse pointer hangs and i have to close application from task manager.

i've tried to scan my pc with avira anti-virus and malwarebytes. i also tried the command sfc /scannow. Registry Repair, CCleaner. but problem still exist.

before this problem occurred i haven't installed anything new on my computer Except "Advanced uninstaller Pro 11" and "Vmware Workstation 12". then i uninstalled them after i discovered this problem.

My Specs: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, CPU: Intel i5-3470, GPU: Sapphire HD 7870 XT, GPU driver: 15.8, Ram: 8 GB, MB: gigabyte h61am-s2p.

Any help would be really appreciated.. Thanks in advanced.

whiteknights

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

thanks for your help.. this post is saying perform a windows repair, and I'm trying to avoid that.. is there anyway that i can find out which DLLs files are missing and restore it?

Nate777

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

did you check this link out? This helped me in the past .
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

whiteknights

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013

thank you.. but there was no corrupted files have been found by SFC to be repaired.. it seems that SFC haven't found any errors in my files.

Corwin65

Admirable
I had that problem off an on for almost a year. Was also missing the windows store. Tried all the fixes and none of them worked.

Only thing that fixed it was the repair. Since Anniversary update, have not had a problem at all.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS