[SOLVED] Cannot access NAS via Win10 file explorer

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Since the POS Netgear modem kept dying, failing, not working, etc., Frontier sent me a new Arris NVG443B. Don't bother finding it on the Arris website. Like Netgear, they don't even admit they exist. Which just reinforces my opinion that Frontier is below worthless. Be that as it may, since I hooked up the Arris the only way I can access my NAS is thru its web site. Trying to access it thru windows is a no go. I get a message the device name is already in use. Never had this with the Netgear. Advanced IP Scanner returns the address I have it set at. Any suggestions. (Boy I wish Spectrum would hurry up.)

Solution
Solved the problem. It seems the the NAS didn't recognise the Arris modem/router. After resetting the router accessing the NAS is back to normal. Gotta luv cheapass ISP insisting POS unsupported equipment.
Do you pay a monthly rental fee for the modem?

I'd probably just buy my own modem/router, one that you actually like. If you can find one that's compatible with frontier service. Seems no one is making xDSL modems any more since it's a dying technology and relegated to mostly just rural customers.

You can buy your own wifi router and put the Arris router into "Bridge Mode" so it acts only as a modem.

kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Solved the problem. It seems the the NAS didn't recognise the Arris modem/router. After resetting the router accessing the NAS is back to normal. Gotta luv cheapass ISP insisting POS unsupported equipment.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS