Question Cannot access second drive's files

Apr 26, 2019
Hey! I just finished installing Windows 10 on a new SSD i bought, but i can't access my HDD's files using it.

Whenever i try to access my HDD's user folder using my SSD it asks for permission and proceeds to load forever, but when i do the reverse (Try to access my SSD user folder using my HDD) it does it instantly. Is there any way to fix this?

Colif

Win 11 Master
windows can be picky about opening certain folders on old hdd, it knows users folders are normally controlled by SYSTEM so might resist.

can you move the files you want out of User folder into another folder? it might not fight you as much.

Last clean install I did, the 1st time I tried to access folders on my hdd it asked me if i wanted to take ownership and did it all for me. No need to change them any other way. But then my hdd never had windows on it, I always installed to ssd.

Apr 26, 2019
windows can be picky about opening certain folders on old hdd, it knows users folders are normally controlled by SYSTEM so might resist.

can you move the files you want out of User folder into another folder? it might not fight you as much.

Last clean install I did, the 1st time I tried to access folders on my hdd it asked me if i wanted to take ownership and did it all for me. No need to change them any other way. But then my hdd never had windows on it, I always installed to ssd.

Thanks for the reply! Turns out moving the folder fixed it so i could finally take ownership of the whole drive 😀

TRENDING THREADS