[SOLVED] Cannot access UEFI after enabling Ultra Fast Boot in Gigabyte Mobo.

Nov 22, 2020
So I was browsing my GIGABYTE X570 ULTRA DURABLE's UEFI and found an option called Fast Boot. It had three options, Disabled, Enabled, and Ultra Fast. I enabled Ultra Fast and then reboot. Now whenever I power on my PC and spam delete, it doesn't boot into UEFI, just Arch Linux.

I've tried switching the power switch on my PC and taking out the CMOS battery, but it still Ultra Fast Boots. Help.

Solution
You don't have to reset or flash your bios.
Your mobo will have a tool to enter bios on next reboot, if it doesn't download a generic one since all of them just use windows features anyway which means that you can just look up on google how to do it with windows.

Also cutting off power three time during boot will make windows recovery pop up which has an option to get into bios.
So I was browsing my GIGABYTE X570 ULTRA DURABLE's UEFI and found an option called Fast Boot. It had three options, Disabled, Enabled, and Ultra Fast. I enabled Ultra Fast and then reboot. Now whenever I power on my PC and spam delete, it doesn't boot into UEFI, just Arch Linux.

I've tried switching the power switch on my PC and taking out the CMOS battery, but it still Ultra Fast Boots. Help.

According to the web page for your board it has a couple of options that should help....

1: There is a clear cmos button on the back, so I would try pressing that and see if that resets the bios.
2: That board has 'Q-Flash' - that allows you to update the bios from a usb memory stick without going into the UEFI - installing the latest bios (even if it's the same version that is already on there) should have the effect of restoring it to default settings...

As the machine still boots up you may also be able to flash the bios from within Arch which would have the same effect

You don't have to reset or flash your bios.
Your mobo will have a tool to enter bios on next reboot, if it doesn't download a generic one since all of them just use windows features anyway which means that you can just look up on google how to do it with windows.

Also cutting off power three time during boot will make windows recovery pop up which has an option to get into bios.

Reactions: cdrkf
Solution