Cannot accessFloppy drives/disks

hello..

For some reason I am unable to acess my floppy drive on My Presario 5695.

I put in the disk and a box pops up.. PLEASE INSERT DISK... Hello - disk is
in.. Drive fails to read the disk or even acknolwedge it's present..
Please help.. I need the info on these disks..

Running XP Home edition
\
Any Help appreciated...
:)

hh

Unfortunately. floppy drives and diskettes are among the most unreliable
components around. If all your 3.5" floppies are unreadable, it likely is
the drive. You can buy any $15 floppy drive and just lay it down to read a
few diskettes or you can go to HP Parts and use this spare part number,
304235-001, to order a new drive to install in the machine or you could get
an external USB floppy drive.

HH