Cannot Boot From USB

Vincent Joshua

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
Currently, I am using Wiindows 7 Home Premium x86 with the drive in MBR partition style.

I tried to make a bootable USB of latest Windows 10 x86 ISO with Rufus in this configuration:
GPT partition Scheme for UEFI
FAT32
4096 bytes
Quick Format
Create extended label and icon files

When I try to boot from the flash drive, it just goes into a black screen, then returns to the boot menu.

I enabled both capabilities for UEFI and Legacy boot, UEFI is prioritized.

What is the problem? Do I have to reformat the drive first to GPT, or it's not supported? Thank you.

Solution
Try and follow this guide and see if the problem is alleviated.

BTW, what size HDD are we looking at? If its larger than 2TB's then GPT is the route to take but if less than that then MBR. Read more of that here. It'd help us further if we knew your full systems specs. Formatting your pen drive in MBR or GPT nor the drive on which you're going to install isn't the issue, the issue is with the creation of your bootable pen drive.

Lutfij

Titan
Try and follow this guide and see if the problem is alleviated.

BTW, what size HDD are we looking at? If its larger than 2TB's then GPT is the route to take but if less than that then MBR. Read more of that here. It'd help us further if we knew your full systems specs. Formatting your pen drive in MBR or GPT nor the drive on which you're going to install isn't the issue, the issue is with the creation of your bootable pen drive.

Solution