Cannot boot into safe mode

Safemodehelp

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015
I attempted to download a custome theme for windows 8 and ended up using a theme manager that helped install the theme. I used the manager and installed the theme and it told me to restart my computer to apply the theme, so I did. When the computer booted back up, it had a black screen for a little longer than usual in between the loading screens and the login and when it showed up, if says my profile cannot be loaded. I looked up solutions and the unanimous answer is to boot into safe mode because I have no other profiles on this computer. I have tried every single way and it ALWAYS boots normally. I have tried shift+restart at login page, shift+f8, going into uefi bios and then trying to get to boot manager, but every single time it just goes to the "profile cannot be loaded page." I have no idea what's happening.

popatim

Titan
Win8 doesnt use the old ways to enter safe mode.
The easiest way, if you can get to the login screen, is to click the power button icon and hold down shift while you select Restart form the options list.

If you cant get to the login screen then you are going to need a recovery disk/usb drive.

Safemodehelp

Reputable
Jun 22, 2015

i have tried this, it still boots normally. ive done it at least 10 times, never once booting to the troubleshoot page