Question Cannot boot into windows after downloading few drivers

Allerion4

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am having this big issue today. And I always found help here from you good people. So I am here again.

Today I did my routine cleanup and update of pc. Dusted off the inside, cleaned everything. And booted back again. Everything was working fine, so I did some software updating too. Installed new gou driver for my GTX 1050, drivers for my integrated Intel graphics.

And few new versions of software I use which is not important probably. I also changed language of my PC from czech tk English.

Then I rebooted. And suddenly I got error that my pc didn't start properly. And that automatic repair failed. I tried going into command line and using sfc/scannow but that failed also.

I rebooted into bios to see if I can see all my drives and sure enough all of them were there including the boot drive which is having issues.

Going into safe mode failed also. I really don't want to completely reinstall my drive. Is there some other way I could fix this? Or does someone have any idea what could cause this? Any help appreciated

Allerion4

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Also one more thing I didn't mention. I have no return point on my windows. So I can't revert the changes made...

I guess I'm dumb idiot, I thought I had that turned on.

Allerion4

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Hello, thanks for the reply. As u wrote this I was doing what u told me actually. I had already USB with windows installer tool and spare empty hard drive. So I installed fresh windows on that one. Then I booted on thst HDD and it works.

What is weird is that I can access the previous boot drive which I couldn't launch windows on.

I can see all the files and access it without issues. I ran chkdsk on it but that didn't do much.

I am kinda worried about reinstalling it though. Can u tell me what does it do exactly? If I choose to keep my data, will it reinstall just windows? Will I still have all my data in Program Files and such? All my softwares I had installed, data from Chrome and such?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS