Cannot boot to cd drive to install operating system

Flattyxm

Commendable
Jan 15, 2017
Hey guys hopefully you can tell me whats up because im ripping my hair out right now. I built a new computer and took the hard drive out of my old one, formatted it so there is no operating system on it. I have everything hooked up correctly, Windows 7 installation disc in the cd drive, changed boot priority to the cd drive, manually booted from it, but every time I try to boot from it, theres no error code or anything it just brings me to the bios main screen. I've saved my settings and have them set for the cd drive to first priority but if I don't press anything while the computer starts up it gives me "No Operating system" could be found message. Ive tried changing from ahci to ide, my bios is at the latest version but I can't figure out what is wrong. The bios is recognizing the cd drive and the hard drive, I can look at the files on the hard drive with the EZ Flash bios tool, but it just wont boot up to the drive. Im using the ASUS A68hm-e micro atx keyboard, a western digital green 1tb hdd, and just a standard LG Cdrom drive