Cannot boot up after changing disc Manager

lorensr

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I posted this messagw earlier but cannot find it so I am Posting again. I messed with Windows 7 Disk Manager and now I cannot boot my computer.
When I boot, Windows Boot Manager says:

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware change might be the cause. To fix the problem
Insert your Windows Install Disc and restart your computer.
Choose Language settings and clck next
Click Repair your computer.
I put in the Windows Install Disc and boot up to get
Non-System Disc Error. Replace and press any key when ready
When I press any key I get the same Replace and press any key when ready

The problem is caused by my trying to extend a partition in Disk Manager with a 3rd Party disc management tool called called EaseUSA Partition MANAGER. How do I fix this if I cannot boot up with my repair disc?

Solution
Hey there, @lorensr!

I'd strongly recommend you insert the Windows Installation CD/DVD again and attempt to repair the Windows 7 install. You can read more about the StartUp Repair options here.

AS soon as you can access the contents on your storage, make sure you back them up somewhere off-site. There could be something wrong with the storage HDD (the booting drive) as well, so I'd advise you re-seat the connections to it and change the SATA port, if necessary. Go to BIOS and make sure that the drive is actually recognized there as well.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting & good luck!
SuperSoph_WD
Hey there, @lorensr!

I'd strongly recommend you insert the Windows Installation CD/DVD again and attempt to repair the Windows 7 install. You can read more about the StartUp Repair options here.

AS soon as you can access the contents on your storage, make sure you back them up somewhere off-site. There could be something wrong with the storage HDD (the booting drive) as well, so I'd advise you re-seat the connections to it and change the SATA port, if necessary. Go to BIOS and make sure that the drive is actually recognized there as well.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting & good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution