Cannot boot window, when overclocking ryzen 1600

Sep 4, 2018
Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte AX370 gaming K3
G.skill Flare 3200 memory

Hi, I've been trying to get a stable overclock for couple of days, tinkering around voltage and clock speed.
I though I got a stable overclock with 3.85ghz with 1.39 volt .
I ran prime 95 for 4 hours without a problem, and the temperature was hanging around 70 degrees during the stress test. I played video games the whole day, and turned it off declaring a success.

However, on the next day, trying to reboot. I wasn't able to boot in to the window. I can still enter Bios and what not, so I went to bios and defaulted to the optimized setting, then I can boot in to the window. But any modest overclocking would cause the same problem.

What went wrong here?
What did I break?
Thanks in advance for helping out a newbie ocer

Solution
Don't touch the base clock. Leave it 100/stock.
1.39 volt
They used 1.425v for 3.9GHz here:https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-5-1600-review,23.html
Each CPU works differently so you have to test and adjust
What went wrong here?
I'm not familiar with Ryzen but the usual advice goes like this:
1. Update BIOS to the latest version
2. Disable power saving like Cool'n'Quiet
3. Use LLC/Load Line Calibration/VDroop Offset. 50% Should be a good start. You can lower it later.
4. Overclock and test.
5. If it fails, increase the voltage
6. If it fails again, lower the frequency

Also, make sure the motherboard itself has good airflow and keep CPU temps below 80c
The GPU...

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Don't touch the base clock. Leave it 100/stock.
1.39 volt
They used 1.425v for 3.9GHz here:https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/amd-ryzen-5-1600-review,23.html
Each CPU works differently so you have to test and adjust
What went wrong here?
I'm not familiar with Ryzen but the usual advice goes like this:
1. Update BIOS to the latest version
2. Disable power saving like Cool'n'Quiet
3. Use LLC/Load Line Calibration/VDroop Offset. 50% Should be a good start. You can lower it later.
4. Overclock and test.
5. If it fails, increase the voltage
6. If it fails again, lower the frequency

Also, make sure the motherboard itself has good airflow and keep CPU temps below 80c
The GPU should have much more impact on games. Unless you're playing a very CPU intensive game/setting.

Solution