Cannot boot windows7, even after setting boot priority to DVD

CryLaoTek

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Hello, I have a problem booting windows 7 for my new desktop computer(no OS installed), after setting the boot priority to dvd and inserting the windows7 dvd, the message" marvell port number ........ initializing..... no hard disk detected" appears, then after searching the net, I found the solution which is to disable the marvell storage controller. after that ,the message "marvell port...." no longer appears but then I still cannot boot windows7, even after setting boot priority to dvd, the message "reboot" still appears and if I press a random keyboard key, the dvd-rom's light is beeping, which means that it is connected, but the message "reboot and select proper boot device" still appears and till now I still cannot boot windows7

note: the windows7 is not RC

my spec: ASUS P6TD Deluxe,Sapphire Radeon 4890, LG DVD-RW

any help would be much appreciated, thanks...

Solution
I think it was a drive issue. I have 2 DVD burners in my system a sony and a lite-on and the sony could not boot the Windows7 DVD no matter what I did but the lite-on had no problems at all.

jimmiekain

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
if what jonmor68 said doesnt help try making your dvd the only boot disk (in otherwords, if your dvd is first and something else is 2nd dont have a 2nd only have a 1st)

I'm new but this worked for me when installing vista a year or so ago i hope it helps you.

CryLaoTek

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Finally succeeded in installing windows 7, I'm using USB to install it by following the steps to create a bootable usb device. but still don't know why the dvd doesn't work though, but I'm still curious about the "marvell" thingy, what is that marvell that I required to disable it to prevent showing up the message "no hard disk detected" ??

anyway, thank you very much for all who's been posting here and help me solve this problem!! :D

lesterf1020

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
I think it was a drive issue. I have 2 DVD burners in my system a sony and a lite-on and the sony could not boot the Windows7 DVD no matter what I did but the lite-on had no problems at all.

Solution

CryLaoTek

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
@lester: Yeah I agree, maybe it is a drive issue, since USB works just fine to install
@zoron: So should i disable the marvell storage conroller?? what about the Marvel LAN? should I disable it too??

TRENDING THREADS