Question Cannot change boot order

Aug 6, 2020
Hello, I would be really grateful for any help with this problem.

I am trying to upgrade an old Philips Freevents PC with Vista to W10. I have W10 on a usb stick ready to do a clean install and can get into the setup menu. But the system will not allow me to change the boot order to boot from the usb. The system says there are no other choices for this option.

Thanks very much for any light you can shed.

Lutfij

Titan
Is it possible to share a screenshot of what your options in boot menu are? You should be able to enable boot from USB device in BIOS. A video of your options in BIOS for boot devices would help us two fold. Also how did you create your bootable installer for Windows 10?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Updating a PC from vista to WIn 10... you be better off with win 7 if it didn't have 1000 updates (exaggeration).

Its likely win 10 won't have drivers for the PC.

You could try making a DVD and see if it boots off it...

Aug 6, 2020
Here is a picture of the setup menu. I downloaded W10 from another pc I have which already has W10. Many thanks.
Is it possible to share a screenshot of what your options in boot menu are? You should be able to enable boot from USB device in BIOS. A video of your options in BIOS for boot devices would help us two fold. Also how did you create your bootable installer for Windows 10?

Aug 6, 2020
Sorry, I hit send before inserting photo. Here it is.
1oAYZsA.jpg