Cannot change refresh rate of my Asus ROG PG248Q

Sep 22, 2018
I bought a new monitor (ASUS ROG PG248Q) about 3 days ago, the first day it was working perfectly, running at 1080p, and 144hz,i could also overclock it from the monitor's settings to run at 180hz, but after the second day i opened my pc to see that the monitor is running at 60hz, and i couldnt change it at all, neither from the windows display resolution window or the geforce nvidia control pannel. when i click to choose the refresh rate it only shows 60hz, and when i try to overclock it from the monitors settings the screen goes black and says no dp signal found, i have to plug and unplug the cable to find it running at 60hz again. ive installed all the new drivers from nvidia.
specs:
-intel i7 7700k
-nvidia gtx 1070ti
-8gb ram
-displayport 1.4 cable
-windows 8.1 single language

Solution
Just a shot in the dark - try to use a different cable instead of DP. HDMI for example. You can also try to use a different DP port on your monitor if you have multiple inputs.

Do not overdrive refresh rate, try to run at stock and see if you can get the default refresh.
Just a shot in the dark - try to use a different cable instead of DP. HDMI for example. You can also try to use a different DP port on your monitor if you have multiple inputs.

Do not overdrive refresh rate, try to run at stock and see if you can get the default refresh.

Solution