Cannot clean install windows 10, getting weird error(s)

TheRockIng

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
So got new ssd instead of HDD. I download Windows10 EDU off Microsoft Imagine website (https://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/OfferingsOfMajorVersionList.aspx?pmv=769faff4-d124-e511-940e-b8ca3a5db7a1&cmi_mnuMain=bdba23cf-e05e-e011-971f-0030487d8897&ws=8f012e89-3370-e011-971f-0030487d8897&vsro=8) -- which I use the .iso to flash my USB using rufus

And I got the following error if I do automatic install : The computer started using the windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that Windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation media and restart the upgrade. [Do not select | Custom [advanced]| to perform an upgrade.

Now if I did custom install I get the following error: 0x80070570

So, seeing the first error message, I thought that the computer was trying to UPGRADE my "current" version of windows which would obviously fail seeing that I have a blank SSD SO , I found this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10?d2784474-fdb0-4e9d-9e47-5e88c0e053ec=True -- > this gives you the choice of either upgrading the PC or flashing a USB to use on a different PC.

So I flashed my USB ( AGAIN) and went on to try to install my computer.

Automatic install: same error as the first one

Custom: 0x800750D or something like that ( I'm at work and can't recall the error but it wasn't the same).

Any ideas? I would gladly install windows 7 (don't even know if that would work :/) but I can't code with XAML on windows 7 and I hate W8 for some reasons.

you should use the help button on the site to connect to your schools IT department or contact them directly.

based off them codes which one points directly to a key issue(not saying your key is legal or not but there is an activation issue) and the other points to 3rd party software issue within the install software. that's the all the advice I can give you.

onthehub.com does show as a legal site for download I'm not saying that its not but I think your school it department would be the best place for help. not this fourm.

TheRockIng

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Huh I didn't realize the key was the issue because I entered the key and it went to the installation fine ( key as asked to be entered first thing). 2nd download was a setup download which didn't require q key whatsoever. Also my school IT dept. has nothing to do with key generated with sites they affiliate with unfortunately. Whenever I have / had issue with office 365 I was referred to the customer service from my IT.

interesting because from https://e5.onthehub.com/WebStore/Support/ContactUs.aspx?ws=8f012e89-3370-e011-971f-0030487d8897&vsro=8

"For other issues, click the Contact Customer Support link below to fill in a form with your question or issue.
Requests for support are sent via email to your Program Administrator and they will contact you directly."

just thinking though

does the ssd show up in the bios? just to make sure the computer is actually seeing the ssd. or under custom is the ssd showing up to install the os to or is when you hit custom when the error pops up? thinking the ssd might not be hooded up/working correctly.

TheRockIng

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
Yeah SSD shows up fine when I try the custom. It pops up when it gets to the 2nd stage of the installation in custom ( loading files or whatever - I'm at work so can't say the error per say but when chosing custom Windows will offer the drive right, and I chose my SSD and then whenever I press continue and it starts installing is when the error pops up sadly)

if there a ssd and hard drive installed in the system use windows diskpart tools from windows boot installer iso from the command prompt. make sure the windows restore and system partion are on the ssd and not on the hard drive. if windows did put one on one drive snd one on the other use diskpart to wipe/clena both drives. then power down and unplug the hard drive. on the usb stick make sure it fat32 formatted and rerun windows media creation tool to remake a bootable windows usb stick dont use rufus. if you have a good iso image already use the windows usb to iso tool from ms that free.