[SOLVED] Cannot connect Printer via ethernet to ASUS RT-AX55 LAN

Omprakash_2

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2015
I have an Okidata C5500n Laser printer. I tried connecting the printer using ethernet cable to my new ASUS RT-AX55 wireless router. I connected the printer to one of the LAN ports. I can see the printer in my printers and devices but the status shows "error" and I cannot print anything. This printer worked fine when connected with a Linksys E3500 router. I have tried several suggestions I found on the internet but none of those worked. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I just had a fiber connection installed and got this new router for the faster speed available with fiber. Thank you.

Solution
I have an Okidata C5500n Laser printer. I tried connecting the printer using ethernet cable to my new ASUS RT-AX55 wireless router. I connected the printer to one of the LAN ports. I can see the printer in my printers and devices but the status shows "error" and I cannot print anything. This printer worked fine when connected with a Linksys E3500 router. I have tried several suggestions I found on the internet but none of those worked. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. I just had a fiber connection installed and got this new router for the faster speed available with fiber. Thank you.

Check the IP on the printer and what it is set to on the computer. Sounds like you switched routers which...
To start one step at a time with you to stop confusion.
First try unplugging the printer from the Ethernet and if connect via wifi remove from wifi
Second, uninstall the drivers fully for the printer from PC.
Third, make sure the router is fully setup to you PC " for communication, ie allowed to send data back and forth it's new so it may not have the rights the old router/ modem may have had.
Fourth reinstall drivers.
Fith connect PC to printer and try to use

Check the IP on the printer and what it is set to on the computer. Sounds like you switched routers which pretty much guarantees the IP address of the printer changed. Just edit the port the printer is configured on to match the new IP it has.

Solution